Use this website to quickly find the most important information about Istanbul Atatürk Airport: Flights (Departures, Arrivals), Parking, Car Rentals, Hotels near the airport and other information about main Istanbul airport. Plan your travel to Istanbul Atatürk Airport with the information provided in this site.
Istanbul Atatürk Airport (IATA: IST, ICAO: LTBA), also known simply as Istanbul Airport or Atatürk Airport, is the main international airport serving Istanbul and the largest airport in Turkey by total number of passengers. There is another big airport serving Istanbul called Sabiha Gökçen. Atatürk airport is located in Yeşilköy, on the European side of the city, 24 km west of Istanbul city centre.
Istanbul Airport serves as the the main hub for Turkish Airlines, AtlasGlobal and Onur Air. There’s another international airport, smaller than Istanbul Atatürk airport called Sabiha Gökçen Airport (SAW).
Istanbul Atatürk airport has 3 runways and 2 Main Terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Both are connected each other.
Terminal 1: has 12 gates (101-112) and handles domestic flights within Turkey country. Gates have available jet bridges and features check-in and airside facilities.
Terminal 2: Is the newest one, opened in 2000. Has 27 gates (212-226). It’s the new terminal for Atatürk airport and handles international flights. All gates have jet bridges and bus boarding stands. On the future, it’s planned to expand T2.
Istanbul Atatürk airport provide to all passengers the following services: banks and currency exchange offices, Wi-Fi, Conference Halls, Shops and Restaurants, Mosques, Healthy assistance,...
- Has 2 main Terminals: 1 and 2
- It’s the main International airport serving Istanbul city and surroundings
- It’s located 24 km (15 miles) west of the city centre of Istanbul
- Serves as a hub for Turkish Airlines and also AtlasGlobal and Onur Air
- Has three runways
- In 2015 served over 60 million passengers
- It’s the 11th busiest airport in the world (passenger traffic)
- Metro: Line M1A connects with the Istanbul airport and goes/comes back to/from Yenikapı You must pay with Turkish liras. The airport provides Currency exchange offices and banks.
- Bus and coach: The buses run every half an hour. Go from Bakırköy, Yenikapı, Aksaray, Taksim Square. Municipality buses also run to Taksim, Etiler and Kozyatağı. The shuttle services are operated by Havataş, which is one of the major ground handling companies within Turkey. Istanbul has three intercity bus terminals: Istanbul International Bus Terminal, Emniyet Garajı and Harem Otogar.
- Taxi: Taxicabs are outside both terminals and provide service 24/7 a week. All taxis should have a Taximeter. Deal fares with the taxi driver before departing If the taxi doesn’t have one.
There are different companies which provides car rental service.
Check the best prices and options here
Address: Yeşilköy, 34149 İstanbul, Turkey
Telephone: +90 212 463 3000
Items lost in the passengers terminals, please, go to Arrivals Floor in the International terminal (T2), to the Lost & Found Office
Customer Relations: +90 (212) 444 9 TAV (828)